This is your ticket to the underwater world. If you're looking to begin your adventure in diving, the Open Water Course is the place to start. All you have to do is to go through a theory class (with online learning), a pool session, and an open water dive trip to be certified as a diver!
Open Water Diver Course Essentials
- Be at least 10 years of age or older
- Able to swim 200m
- Able to float or tread for 10mins without any swimming aids
- All course materials
- 1 Theory session
- 1 Pool Session
- 4-5 Open Water Scuba Dives
- 3D/2N Full board trip to Malaysia / 5D/4N Full board trip to Bali
- Equipment rental for Pool and Trip (BCD, Regulator, Wetsuit, Weights and Tank)
- 2-way land and sea transportation, lodging and all meals
- Instructor fees
- Certification fees
- Soft Gear Rental (Mask and fins) – Check with us for the equipment purchase promotion
- Dive Insurance (Recommended)
- Air fare (If any)
- Marine Park fee
- Batteries for torch
- Gratitude for Boat Crew / Guide
Open Water Diver Course Components
Scuba diving is an amazing thing. It is like going to space for an hour. To begin your journey, the SSI Open Water Diver course is the way to go. It is your ticket to the underwater world! The SSI Open Water Diver course consists of 3 parts: Academic, Pool training and Open sea dives.
1 Theory Class
1 Practical Pool Session
Up To 4 Training Dives
Theory Class - Academics
Our theory and knowledge component is broken into two parts:
- E-learning (from home)
- Theory class
We have developed an online training platform so you can learn the theory portion at your own pace when it is convenient for you. You will be learning buoyancy and pressure concepts, equipment usage, hand signals and more via an interactive online system with videos and quizzes.
After which, there will be 1 theory session where an instructor will go through additional queries and actual application concepts to get you ready for your pool session.
1 Session: Contact us for the next dates
Location: Zoom (Online)
Why learn the open water diver course
Taking the Open Water Diver course will ensure that you acquire the basic skills and diving experience needed to be able to navigate safely and comfortably underwater.
- Immerse in an interactive training on the basic principles of scuba diving.
- Acquire a full understanding and knowledge in exploring the Open Water.
- Become an expert on foundational scuba diving techniques and skills needed to navigate effortlessly during the dive.
- Master the basics of safe and precise scuba diving.
- Ability to do open water dives with a maximum depth of 18 meters/60 feet
- Advantage of joining a community of scuba divers worldwide.
After certification, you will be able to dive anywhere in the world with a buddy up to a depth of 18m.
Contact us for next dates!
- 9:00am - Learn Buoyancy & Pressure Concepts and more!
- 12:30pm - End of Theory Session 1 (3.5 Hrs)
Pool session: weekday evenings
- 7:00pm - Learn Equipment Assembly and Familiarization, Breathing Underwater, Buoyancy Control and more!
- 10:30pm - End of Practical Session 1 (3.5 Hrs)
Already a certified Open Water Diver? Awesome! Continue your diving pathway with Gill Divers. Learn new skills, gear up with higher-level dive equipment, and explore new depths with our variety of Specialty Diving Courses.