Train to independently plan and conduct two-gas switch, multiple stop decompression dives using two-stage decompression gases to depths of 50 meters when using Air or 60 meters when using Normoxic Trimix (min 18% Oxygen content). Complete the programme wearing a full Extended Range total diving system.
Further your technical diving training today
Further your technical diving training with SSI Technical Extended Range! Teaching you further in depth in decompression theories and models, and learn how to conduct safe decompression dives, using two stage cylinders with nitrox mixes up to 100%.
This course can also be done using Trimix, training you to dive to depths on 60m, and managing the use of helium in deep decompression dives.
SIGN UP FOR SSI TECHNICAL EXTENDED RANGE TODAY!
SSI TECHNICAL EXTENDED RANGE AIR
SSI TECHNICAL EXTENDED RANGE TRIMIX
Technical Extended Range Essentials
- Be At Least 18 Years of Age or Older
- Science of Diving Certification
- Diver Stress & Rescue Certification
- Extended Range or Full Cave Diving or Technical Wreck Diving Certification
- 70 logged Dives
- All Course Materials
- 1 Theory Session
- 1 Pool Session
- 6 Open Water Dives over 2 weekends
- Instructor Fees
- Certification Fees
Technical Extended Range Course qualifies you to
- Dive to depths up to 50 meters using air or
- Dive to depths up to 60 meters using Normoxic Trimix (min 18% Oxygen Content)
- Two stage decompression gases will be used in the program
TECHNICAL EXTENDED RANGE COURSE COMPONENTS
Learning technical diving brings you back to your open water days where new equipment and skills are being taught. To begin your journey in explore the vast unknowns of the oceans, SSI Technical Extended Range is your ticket to a lifetime of experiences and adventure.
1 Theory Session
1 Pool Session
2 Weekend Trips
Our theory and knowledge component is broken into two parts:
- Online independent study via SSI Online Learning
- Theory class
Using existing materials developed my SSI, you can now learn at your own pace. Giving you the time and space to internalise concepts and through examples and section reviews.
After which, there will be 1 theory session where an instructor will go through additional queries, actual application concepts and provide value-added knowledge to get you ready for the remaining of your course components.
1 Session: Thursday, 7pm – 10.30pm
Location: Gill Divers Shop, 37b Hongkong Street
WHY LEARN TECHNICAL EXTENDED RANGE
Taking the Technical Extended Range Course will ensure that you acquire the foundational skills and diving experience needed to be able to do technical dives and explore the vast unknowns.
- Immerse in an interactive training on the basic principles of scuba diving.
- Acquire a full understanding and knowledge in exploring the Oceans.
- Become an expert on foundational technical diving techniques and skills.
- Master the basics of safe and precise technical diving.
- Ability to do open water dives with a maximum depth of 50 or 60 meters.
- Advantage of joining a community of technical divers worldwide.
After certification, you will be able to dive anywhere in the world with a buddy up to a depth of 50 or 60m with decompression incurred.