Ever wondered how do instructors manage to find their way in the water and get back to the boat or exit points?Welcome to the extraordinary world of underwater navigation! Learn Navigation techniques with tools like a compass to find your way around, just like your instructor. Never be lost again!
NAVIGATION COURSE ESSENTIALS
- 1 Open Water Diving Package - 2D2N Tioman Island - Quad Share
- SSI Digital Kit - Search & Recovery
- Instructor Fees
- Certification with e-Card
- Rental of all gear (Except Soft gear & Compass rental)
Navigation COURSE Components
The SSI Navigation consists of one (1) Weekend Trip.
1 Weekend Trip
Navigation provides the skills and concepts required to safely and comfortably navigate underwater during a dive. You will learn how to use a compass and natural navigation techniques, estimate distance, basic navigation patterns and how to leave and return to a designated point.
The course trip will include everything from travel, accommodation, diving and food.
Departs every Friday Evening (around 6pm) and returns every Sunday Nights (Tioman Trip)
Day 1 (Friday)
- Meet at 13 York Hill
- Depart for Mersing Jetty via coach
- Rest stop
- Arrive at Mersing Jetty
- Depart for Tioman via ferry
Day 2 (Saturday)
- Arrive Tioman
- Check in Resort
- Breakfast & Briefing
- 1st Dive
- Lunch on board- Return to resort
- 2nd & 3rd Dive
- Dinner at resort, Log dives & debrief
Day 3 (Sunday)
- 4th & 5th Dive
- Lunch, Log dives & debrief
- Check out from resort & depart for Mersing Jetty via ferry
- Arrive Mersing Jetty
- Depart for Singapore via coach
- Arrive Singapore
WHY LEARN THE OPEN WATER DIVER COURSE
The SSI Navigation Specialty Course provides the proper navigational skills required to safely and comfortably dive.
- Learn the basic navigation patterns and skills necessary for a successful dive.
- Gain knowledge on the use of compass and estimating distance.
- Ability to properly leave and return to a designated point.
- Earn the SSI Navigation Specialty certification upon program completion.
The fun doesn’t need to stop there! With just a little more training, you can go even further – imagine diving in underwater shipwrecks, with sharks, or becoming an underwater photographer! It s your chance to move to the next level in your diving adventures.